Essential Plan and Obamacare
The Essential Plan is a health insurance created in New York by the NY State of Health, with the objective that New Yorkers can access comprehensive medical services, without paying a monthly insurance premium.
Don't have the resources to pay for health insurance?
The Essential Plan may be the solution you are looking for
Essential Plan benefits:
- It’s insurance with no deductible, so the plan starts paying for your health care right away.
- Vision and dental health services are included in the plan, with no cost sharing.
- You’ll get free preventive care, as well as routine checkups and screenings to keep you completely healthy.
Who is eligible for the Essential Plan?
You can qualify for the Essential Plan, as long as you meet the following aspects:
- You are an adult between 19 and 64 years of age.
- You are a resident of New York State
- You meet the established income requirements. (Individual adults earning up to $ 24,120 or adults in a family of 4, earning up to $ 49,200)
In addition, it is important that you have a legal immigration status. You can qualify if you are a United States citizen, lawful permanent resident, current legal resident, or even a visiting student visa.
On the other hand, Obamacare is an insurance created in March 2010 by President Barack Obama, which allows Americans, and citizens residing in the country, to access quality health services adapted to their income, without affecting their income too much. economy.
Obamacare allows you to receive health care at affordable prices
The coverage offered by Obamacare covers the following areas, at low prices:
- Outpatient Health Services
- Emergency services
- Maternity care
- Prescription drug coverage
- Pediatric services
In addition, with Obamacare you can also receive attention to mental health and rehabilitation services, as well as medical equipment such as canes, wheelchairs, orthopedic devices, etc.
The enrollment period to apply for Obamacare occurs annually from November 1 to December 15. During this time, citizens who are eligible for insurance will be able to submit their application, and have the opportunity to be one of the Obamacare recipients.
Do you need help deciding which insurance is the best for you?
If you do not have enough financial resources to pay for health insurance in the United States, or perhaps you have doubts about which plan can provide you with the best benefits, according to your needs, at Benefits Concierge Consulting Group we can help you solve it.